Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebration of a Heady Afterbirth

Ecce homo! Post-Industrial Revolution human is failing!
Astronauts fall from the heavens and impale themselves on cocks!
All avant-garde hairstyles have been co-opted and codified!
History is written in sonata form and the sales receipt is now scripture!

Blessed are the Butter-Flavored Cheese-Fried Cheese-Filled Corn Snack!
Blessed are the Butter-Flavored Butter-Baked Cheese-Filled Corn Snack!
Blessed are the Corn-Fresh Corn-Flavored Cheese-Puffed Butter Ball!
Blessed are the Cheese-Flavored Pop-Fresh Corn-Fried Cheese Pop!

Ecce homo! Post-Industrial Revolution human is failing!
Dreaming bacteria in my intestines bubble up through my chakras!
And I can say “Kidnap me, I’m a rich American” in 8 languages!
We have stared long at the night sky and found the Universe to be telescope-shaped!

Lo! I walk around the house naked with morningwood
and observe the high water mark in the toilet bowl.
Hardon is oneword!
Yet, I can hear a chamber orchestra
locked inside a somewhere-abandoned subway car
playing Messiaen and looking bored.

No comments: